Casual Fun World Revived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» In Memory of a Friend
by Prazision52 Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:48 pm

» CFWR and CFW3
by wahakalol Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:26 pm

» So I just got a PS3 anyone else got one if so whats your PSN name?
by pinkeyes Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:35 pm

» CFW Community Keep in touch.
by pinkeyes Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:17 pm

» Backup woes
by endsgamer Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:13 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Poll

What kind of world setup should the server have come 1.2?

when is we gona get rid of that borring temp map ??? Vote_lcap41%when is we gona get rid of that borring temp map ??? Vote_rcap 41% [ 12 ]
when is we gona get rid of that borring temp map ??? Vote_lcap48%when is we gona get rid of that borring temp map ??? Vote_rcap 48% [ 14 ]
when is we gona get rid of that borring temp map ??? Vote_lcap10%when is we gona get rid of that borring temp map ??? Vote_rcap 10% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 29

Affiliates
free forum

Planet Minecraft BannerPlanet Minecraft Banner
Donate!

when is we gona get rid of that borring temp map ???

+5
Critchley096
FerociousKitteh
Esarai
Big__Red
Tek
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

when is we gona get rid of that borring temp map ??? Empty when is we gona get rid of that borring temp map ???

Post  Tek Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:17 am

when is we gona get rid of that borring temp map ???

Tek

Back to top Go down

when is we gona get rid of that borring temp map ??? Empty Re: when is we gona get rid of that borring temp map ???

Post  Big__Red Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:11 pm

I'd say get comfortable because waha is waiting for some more plugins to update.
Big__Red
Big__Red

Back to top Go down

when is we gona get rid of that borring temp map ??? Empty Re: when is we gona get rid of that borring temp map ???

Post  Tek Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Big__Red wrote:I'd say get comfortable because waha is waiting for some more plugins to update.

that was over 1 week ago he said that :O a lot of server have already updated !!

Last edited by FerociousKitteh on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : "alot" isn't a word.)

Tek

Back to top Go down

Post  Esarai Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:18 pm

Tek, we have told you time and time again we don't know. We are not omniscient, and have no insight into how fast the bukkit dev team or the 20+ mod teams we rely on to run this server are doing. If you want an estimate, ask them.

But, in contrast to the other servers that are using the betas, we have opted for caution over expediency for your own sake. There are two scenarios that are guiding our decision not to update. First, we can update to an unstable bukkit build, and potentially destroy all our config files. This would erase mcMMO, jobs, iconomy, and towny. The other thing we can do is wait until a Recommended Build exists, and all the necessary security plugins are updated, and then update, avoiding all of the drama above.

Which seems better in this case? To lose everything and piss off all our members because we wanted to have the latest and greatest soonest? Or to wait patiently until we can guarantee data security?

And granted, the first scenario is a worst-case scenario, but the concept is still valid. Updating to a new version will render many of our plugins inoperable, and that means if someone griefs your house, tough luck, we have no idea who did it, nor any means of stopping them again or easily repairing the damage.

Esarai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FerociousKitteh Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:38 am

^ yup.
FerociousKitteh
FerociousKitteh

Back to top Go down

Post  Tek Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:09 am

Esarai wrote:Tek, we have told you time and time again we don't know. We are not omniscient, and have no insight into how fast the bukkit dev team or the 20+ mod teams we rely on to run this server are doing. If you want an estimate, ask them.

But, in contrast to the other servers that are using the betas, we have opted for caution over expediency for your own sake. There are two scenarios that are guiding our decision not to update. First, we can update to an unstable bukkit build, and potentially destroy all our config files. This would erase mcMMO, jobs, iconomy, and towny. The other thing we can do is wait until a Recommended Build exists, and all the necessary security plugins are updated, and then update, avoiding all of the drama above.

Which seems better in this case? To lose everything and piss off all our members because we wanted to have the latest and greatest soonest? Or to wait patiently until we can guarantee data security?

And granted, the first scenario is a worst-case scenario, but the concept is still valid. Updating to a new version will render many of our plugins inoperable, and that means if someone griefs your house, tough luck, we have no idea who did it, nor any means of stopping them again or easily repairing the damage.

why not just make a backup of all files ? in case something goes wrong ?

Tek

Back to top Go down

when is we gona get rid of that borring temp map ??? Empty Give up...

Post  Critchley096 Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:38 pm

Tek, give up they will never hurry. and i and so many members wont be back until the update has happened.

Critchley096

Back to top Go down

Post  Tek Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Critchley096 wrote:Tek, give up they will never hurry. and i and so many members wont be back until the update has happened.

i was hoping.... good that there is other good servers out there

Tek

Back to top Go down

Post  wahakalol Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:54 pm

Another option that we could do is go back to 1.1 untill 1.2 plugins have updated
wahakalol
wahakalol
Owner
Owner

https://cfwrevived.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pochama999 Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:03 pm

wahakalol wrote:Another option that we could do is go back to 1.1 untill 1.2 plugins have updated
I think that as long as people are okay with downgrading, that shouldnt be a problem. And if they do have issues with jar files and stuff, id be more than happy to let them use my jar switcher along with my arsenal of jar files.

Also, would it be in any way possible to get the newest beta build, while slowly adding the plugins as they are upgraded? I think other than downgrading, that would be the best way to go.

Maybe we could also put this to a vote to see if people would be okay with downgrading, seeing as the previous poll has a clear outcome

Last edited by Pochama999 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had an idea)

Pochama999

Back to top Go down

Post  Big__Red Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:32 pm

I think a poll would be a great idea! But downgrading could be a pain for people that have no clue what's happening. And all of the new guys would most likely leave the server thinking it's gone.
Big__Red
Big__Red

Back to top Go down

Post  wahakalol Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:48 pm

Big__Red wrote:I think a poll would be a great idea! But downgrading could be a pain for people that have no clue what's happening. And all of the new guys would most likely leave the server thinking it's gone.

I'll be doing a major backup in the coming days (that or es will)
thanks to a lot of changes to bukkit, there's going to be a lot of redoing of plugin configs and I'm not going to have the time next week so unless es finds the time, then it'll be at least another week
wahakalol
wahakalol
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Big__Red Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:00 pm

wahakalol wrote:
Big__Red wrote:I think a poll would be a great idea! But downgrading could be a pain for people that have no clue what's happening. And all of the new guys would most likely leave the server thinking it's gone.

I'll be doing a major backup in the coming days (that or es will)
thanks to a lot of changes to bukkit, there's going to be a lot of redoing of plugin configs and I'm not going to have the time next week so unless es finds the time, then it'll be at least another week

Great! I'll be looking forward to it!
Big__Red
Big__Red

Back to top Go down

Post  Tek Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:06 am

i would say stay on 1.2.3 and get the latest version (dev version) and the dev version of plugins, and then cange the config files.

it is not because of i dont know how to downgrade, but it is because i dont want to, as other server are updated to 1.2.3 and then i cant play on them without switching jar every time i start minecraft ...

Tek

Back to top Go down

Post  Pochama999 Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:54 pm

Pochama999 wrote:I think that as long as people are okay with downgrading, that shouldnt be a problem. And if they do have issues with jar files and stuff, id be more than happy to let them use my jar switcher along with my arsenal of jar files.

Tek wrote:i would say stay on 1.2.3 and get the latest version (dev version) and the dev version of plugins, and then cange the config files.

it is not because of i dont know how to downgrade, but it is because i dont want to, as other server are updated to 1.2.3 and then i cant play on them without switching jar every time i start minecraft ...

Once again, if you have a problem with switching jar files, use a jar switcher, i use the NoBS minecraft Jar switcher, and I have a crapton of jar files, ranging from 1.1 minimap and tmi to 1.8.1 tales of kingdoms. All you need to do is ask, and ill send it either over skype or some other way.

Pochama999

Back to top Go down

Post  Tek Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:08 pm

Pochama999 wrote:
Pochama999 wrote:I think that as long as people are okay with downgrading, that shouldnt be a problem. And if they do have issues with jar files and stuff, id be more than happy to let them use my jar switcher along with my arsenal of jar files.

Tek wrote:i would say stay on 1.2.3 and get the latest version (dev version) and the dev version of plugins, and then cange the config files.

Once again, if you have a problem with switching jar files, use a jar switcher, i use the NoBS minecraft Jar switcher, and I have a crapton of jar files, ranging from 1.1 minimap and tmi to 1.8.1 tales of kingdoms. All you need to do is ask, and ill send it either over skype or some other way.

i just said that i dont have a problem with it, i just dont want to do it, and in that case we downgrate server to 1.1 , i will not be on before server is up to 1.2.3, and i think this will be the same for many others

Tek

Back to top Go down

Post  Pochama999 Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:15 pm

Tek wrote:
Pochama999 wrote:

i just said that i dont have a problem with it, i just dont want to do it, and in that case we downgrate server to 1.1 , i will not be on before server is up to 1.2.3, and i think this will be the same for many others

Well yeah, by problem i mean, you don't want to do it. Its not a difficult thing to do as long as you have a jar switcher, all you do is click on which jar you want to use, click the Start Minecraft button, and boom, your done. If you wanna choose a different jar, just exit out of your current minecraft window and select the jar you want. If that still isn't easy enough, i dont really know what to say other than ill see you on 1.2.3.

Pochama999

Back to top Go down

Post  wahakalol Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:33 pm

Give es and I some time and we'll work on the update. Both of us are quite busy right now
wahakalol
wahakalol
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Tek Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:45 am

wahakalol wrote:Give es and I some time and we'll work on the update. Both of us are quite busy right now

..................................................................................................

Tek

Back to top Go down

Post  pvtblue Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:24 pm

hey be happy that es and waha take the time money and effort to even keep the server up. thanks guys

achievement get: brownnosing
pvtblue
pvtblue

Back to top Go down

Post  Big__Red Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:51 pm

IM ALL FOR DOWNGRADING!
Big__Red
Big__Red

Back to top Go down

Post  Esarai Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:48 pm

I have begun the process of reenabling the bukkit build. Please note that at this time, Jobs and Towny are confirmed as out of action. More plugins are also likely malfunctioning, so please point them out if you see anything wrong. The server console can't handle all the error messages.

Also, due to recent format changes, HeroChat's chat display is totally buggered. So hold on for a bit till we get that sorted.

Esarai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

when is we gona get rid of that borring temp map ??? Empty Plugin testing

Post  98Jconnell98 Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:12 am

Im gona test the plugins and find the problems, so far all looking ok apart from:

Donators cant speak in chat (dont know about other hero chat problems)
Money is reset but the plugin is working
Logbook, although i dont know if thats enabled or not on the temp map
Mcmmo is working but the commands have changed see /mcmmo help for details
/lvt is borkd
It appears Lottery has reset to use gold ingots rather than money
cant get movecraft to work although that might just be me Razz

Other than that all testable plugins appear to work; LWC, lottery, enchanting, chest shops,falsebook, MyWarp, Nocheat (yes I had to cheat on a non admin account to test this :O) and any others that i cant think of all work Very Happy

Also not sure which plugin does this but fall dmg is back to being off so thats working to.

98Jconnell98
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Esarai Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:25 am

Yeah herochat is acting strangely, still can't figure out why the chat color is green.

iConomy is running fine, it's Jobs that's having trouble, it can't access its old database for some really stupid reason. Hopefully the Jobs dev team can fix it, but if not, eek. I dun wanna recreate the database by hand.

LogBlock is still spazzing out, hasn't been upgraded to 1.2.x yet.

lvt will be updated after the security-centric plugins are back online.

About lottery... lol. That is all.

Movecraft is also likely broken, so I'll have to take a look at what's causing it.

Fall damage is moderated by WorldGuard, so that's a good sign.

Esarai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  98Jconnell98 Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:42 am

Esarai wrote:Yeah herochat is acting strangely, still can't figure out why the chat color is green.

iConomy is running fine, it's Jobs that's having trouble, it can't access its old database for some really stupid reason. Hopefully the Jobs dev team can fix it, but if not, eek. I dun wanna recreate the database by hand.

LogBlock is still spazzing out, hasn't been upgraded to 1.2.x yet.

lvt will be updated after the security-centric plugins are back online.

About lottery... lol. That is all.

Movecraft is also likely broken, so I'll have to take a look at what's causing it.

Fall damage is moderated by WorldGuard, so that's a good sign.

ok ive tried everything with herochat and so far ive solved nothing but worked out that we can talk, and its green because we're in the 'staff' group on the config file. However it still thinks that all players are automatically in Global (as it should) adding groups to the permissions for global doesn't seem to do anything. I have absolutely no idea whats happened and think we should possibly consider re installing the plugin or looking for another one to use temporarily ie. essentials chat.

P.S TNT dmg is off as well and super pick is actually now working (which it hasnt been since 1.0)

98Jconnell98
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum