Casual Fun World Revived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» In Memory of a Friend
by Prazision52 Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:48 pm

» CFWR and CFW3
by wahakalol Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:26 pm

» So I just got a PS3 anyone else got one if so whats your PSN name?
by pinkeyes Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:35 pm

» CFW Community Keep in touch.
by pinkeyes Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:17 pm

» Backup woes
by endsgamer Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:13 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Poll

What kind of world setup should the server have come 1.2?

New Creative World? Vote_lcap41%New Creative World? Vote_rcap 41% [ 12 ]
New Creative World? Vote_lcap48%New Creative World? Vote_rcap 48% [ 14 ]
New Creative World? Vote_lcap10%New Creative World? Vote_rcap 10% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 29

Affiliates
free forum

Planet Minecraft BannerPlanet Minecraft Banner
Donate!

New Creative World?

+5
FerociousKitteh
Esarai
wahakalol
BraveTitan22
CenturyDuster
9 posters

Go down

What kind of world setup should the server have come 1.2?

New Creative World? Vote_lcap41%New Creative World? Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 12 ]
New Creative World? Vote_lcap48%New Creative World? Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 14 ]
New Creative World? Vote_lcap10%New Creative World? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 29

New Creative World? Empty New Creative World?

Post  CenturyDuster Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:50 pm

Today on the server there has been discussion of changing around worlds and adding a creative World. Critch suggested we start a thread to keep all ideas, so here it Is.

I think we should gvet creative World, but only for donators and up, and if regulars want to play in it, they have to complete some kind of fun challenge, like parkour or a maze. Thats just my idea Very Happy

Thread..... GO lol!

[EDIT] Esarai has ninja'd you and added a poll.
CenturyDuster
CenturyDuster
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

New Creative World? Empty Re: New Creative World?

Post  BraveTitan22 Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:46 pm

We already have a Section devoted to this called Server Suggestions cent. All ideas should be put in that section.

(I'll move this there.)
BraveTitan22
BraveTitan22
Forum Operator
Forum Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  wahakalol Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:09 am

my personal opinion as a player (not owner) is that creative worlds tend to get kind of (REALLY) messy and tend to become a bit of an eyesore after a while which kind of mars the inherent beauty of a lot of the structures that are built there; on that argument I would probably vote no to a creative world

another issue that's come up is the fact that everyone who went to the creative world would spend the vast majority of their time there instead of on the main map (I know I would), my main hope for the 1.2 world was a return to those large really organized towns that we had in previous maps (DOJ, DOE, Cliffton, etc)
wahakalol
wahakalol
Owner
Owner

https://cfwrevived.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BraveTitan22 Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:25 pm

RIP Original DOE. Crying or Very sad
BraveTitan22
BraveTitan22
Forum Operator
Forum Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  Esarai Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:37 pm

I am in agreement with waha that the creative would attract everyone and turn into chaos. However, I believe that the hybrid survival/creative mode we use now (mine materials and build without getting eaten by mobs) is kinda stale--the long slow grind of mining with no danger. There's something much more exciting about success when the whole world is trying to turn you into meat pie. So, I'm in favor of a fully creative and a fully survival world. However, free access to the creative world would turn it into a mess, so I'd say that only donators+ have access. I know some of our players cannot donate, so we'd let in-game money buy access to it. This would be money on the order of 2 or 3 million, to ensure the player has been an active participant in the server. As another failsafe, we could have an application process were the applicant has to have built a large-scale project so we know they won't just cause a mess all over the place.

The added benefit of restricted access to the creative world is that we can award it as a prize for winning some of our contests.

Esarai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wahakalol Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:41 pm

I'm kinda partial to the peaceful mode and survival worlds
wahakalol
wahakalol
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  FerociousKitteh Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:34 pm

I, personally, have gotten quite bored of the peaceful world, which is also why I have been less active on our server (still active on forums though).
I think that there are 2 main aspects of Minecraft. The first, defending your sweet insidey parts from the evil mobs outside that are trying to tear you limb from limb. The second (mainly for multiplayer), is to build epic structures, especially in 1.2 when the new height limit is introduced. And this is why I am in favor of 1 survival map and 1 creative map. The survival map for those who want to fight off mobs, and the creative map to build many epic structures with all the blocks you want.

EDIT: Also, we should have a small zone dedicated to non-members as they wait to be accepted as a member. This area will be reset once every other week or so and will be the only place where non-members can build. Regular members should not have rights to this zone, but Moderators+ should, just to fix a bit of grief here and there. Finally, this zone will obviously not be in creative because they are not cool enough.

Last edited by FerociousKitteh on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding more thoughts)
FerociousKitteh
FerociousKitteh

Back to top Go down

Post  wahakalol Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:50 pm

if we do that though, we're no different from oxperimental in world aspects which is why im in favor of our current setup though we may work something out to have a region of the Hoenn world be a creative area with limited access
we DO have a survival world already though so I'm not too sure what the main issue is (survival world 1.2 will probably be there to stay unless there are more major changes to world generation)
wahakalol
wahakalol
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  CenturyDuster Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:33 am

Esarai wrote:I am in agreement with waha that the creative would attract everyone and turn into chaos. However, I believe that the hybrid survival/creative mode we use now (mine materials and build without getting eaten by mobs) is kinda stale--the long slow grind of mining with no danger. There's something much more exciting about success when the whole world is trying to turn you into meat pie. So, I'm in favor of a fully creative and a fully survival world. However, free access to the creative world would turn it into a mess, so I'd say that only donators+ have access. I know some of our players cannot donate, so we'd let in-game money buy access to it. This would be money on the order of 2 or 3 million, to ensure the player has been an active participant in the server. As another failsafe, we could have an application process were the applicant has to have built a large-scale project so we know they won't just cause a mess all over the place.

The added benefit of restricted access to the creative world is that we can award it as a prize for winning some of our contests.

Es has some really good ideas. I like this^

HOWEVER waha is right, even with limited access, all active members will eventually get rights and it will become messy and crouded. We could add a fee for every month, you must pay another million (making you spend SOME time in survival earning money) to maintain access to creative world. Alternatively it could be maintained by high play-time or An amazing build.
CenturyDuster
CenturyDuster
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  BraveTitan22 Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:40 am

you can't really say that we would be like Oxperimental because CFW had a section for New members on multiple maps correct?
BraveTitan22
BraveTitan22
Forum Operator
Forum Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  wahakalol Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:43 am

world aspect as in oxperimental is either creative building or survival against mobs (unless ox changed it)
wahakalol
wahakalol
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  BraveTitan22 Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:57 am

Oh wait you weren't commenting on the edited post Fero made were you? My bad thats what I was talking about. I'm all for having a dedicated area for NewPs to build in.
BraveTitan22
BraveTitan22
Forum Operator
Forum Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  Esarai Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:29 am

Hmmm...

I concede the point, our current setup is optimal. At the outset, when only a few players are eligible for creative, the creative world would be fine, but as more people earn access, chaos would reign. When we take time frame into account, this is the ultimate truth.

So, I now declare myself in favor of keeping the current setup, 1 peaceful survival, 1 mob survival, and Hoenn as a projects world. I think allowing creative in Hoenn would be nice, but I also think it should be closely controlled, and whoever elects to do something there should have a clearly defined plan. The best way to avoid clutter is to reign in excessive experimentation.

Also, for the Survival world, I vote that the only structure we place in the world be a small shack housing the return portal. Let's leave everything else to player agency. I intend to start a fully legit survival town, or hopefully a city, with the end objective being an epic odyssey through Hell, to the End, and back again (preferably with airships).

And as for new-player zones, I totally agree. I think we can use WorldGuard to enforce this.

Esarai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderrabbit Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:34 am

I really enjoy the peaceful survival world; that's why I joined CFWR. And though I'm relatively new to the server, I would like to vote that the Main World map (which seems to have missing as of this writing) be accessible somewhere on the server.

Super huge thank you to all of you guys who are doing the work behind the scenes to maintain the server; I really appreciate just being able to dig dig dig dig dig dig dig.

thunderrabbit
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  spicyreaper Wed May 09, 2012 12:27 am

My opinion is this: I would prefer the option of a fully creative world, a peaceful survival (has always been a huge part of CFW), and one normal survival. The creative world I picture in my mind is a bit different than afore mentioned ideas concerning the outcome of this world in that it should be limited to special projects to post on planetminecraft.com or other minecraft media sites for recognition, for a bit of fun for maybe mods or supers and up, and an expensive buy in price to build with a mothly fee sounds like a good system to me (maybe even a daily fee for people who just have one big project that won't take a full month). I'm not sure if this thread is even useful anymore as we already have 1.2 maps set up, but these are my thoughts on which worlds and why.
spicyreaper
spicyreaper

Back to top Go down

Post  cameron17 Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:01 am

Doesnt Matter Ill play.

Off Topic:
Why is all these texts so long ;w;\
cant read fast enough x.x

cameron17

Back to top Go down

Post  98Jconnell98 Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:00 pm

lol cam this is from 1.2

98Jconnell98
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum