Casual Fun World Revived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» In Memory of a Friend
by Prazision52 Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:48 pm

» CFWR and CFW3
by wahakalol Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:26 pm

» So I just got a PS3 anyone else got one if so whats your PSN name?
by pinkeyes Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:35 pm

» CFW Community Keep in touch.
by pinkeyes Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:17 pm

» Backup woes
by endsgamer Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:13 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Poll

What kind of world setup should the server have come 1.2?

The Real Future (Read Immediately) Vote_lcap41%The Real Future (Read Immediately) Vote_rcap 41% [ 12 ]
The Real Future (Read Immediately) Vote_lcap48%The Real Future (Read Immediately) Vote_rcap 48% [ 14 ]
The Real Future (Read Immediately) Vote_lcap10%The Real Future (Read Immediately) Vote_rcap 10% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 29

Affiliates
free forum

Planet Minecraft BannerPlanet Minecraft Banner
Donate!

The Real Future (Read Immediately)

Go down

The Real Future (Read Immediately) Empty The Real Future (Read Immediately)

Hey Guys, Poch here. I'm not sure exactly where to start, but there's good news and bad news, so I may as well start with the bad news first.

CFWr is closing.

Now, before you all throw your monitors away and uninstall minecraft forever, let me explain why.
1. We've lost most of our player base, seeing as we have a maximum of 2-4 people on at once nowadays, and it isnt cost effective to host a $32 a month server for 4 people
2. None of our staff are ever online, barre maybe a mod or two.
3. Es, (and waha to my knowledge), along with at least 2 of the supers, are taking a hiatus from the server/minecraft because of various reasons.

Now, for the first bit of good news. We wont be shutting down right away, we're going to keep the server up until November 7th, and in that time, we plan to have lots of things going on.

All you people that are going BUT THE SERVER IS DOWN NOW!!! DON'T LIE TO ME!!! That was on purpose, because I knew the only reason people would look at the forums is if there was a problem, and if you are one of those people, it worked. XD

But anyways, for the first week or so, its just going to be normal server stuff. Then, sometime around halloween we're going to try and get all of the old maps, including the original CFW maps, up and running on the server for us to party on, although that is mainly dependent on whether or not pinkeyes still has them. Then, on the last day, we have a huge party, and then we out with a bang: Nuke the spawn.
And then the server closes.

But that's not all.

Jc, 3nd and I have decided to open up a new server that will be open as soon as CFWr closes, designed to be almost exactly like the Original CFW, with the same name. No economy; barter-trade system, just like the good old days. Nice, cozy spawn, not too overbearing and such. Simple plugins to start out with, that means no movecraft or cannonsigns for the moment, unfortunately. We will be keeping mcmmo, WE, LB, towny, and probably a few other ones. But for the most part, no new plugins. We will have new staff, with Jc, 3nd and I being admins, the supers and mods have already been chosen, but over time, as the player base increases, we will probably have more. Donations towards the server are encouraged, and the tier of server we get depends on how many donations we get, but most likely we're going to get the gold tier from Redstone hosting.
HOWEVER, don't donate yet, as we haven't set up a paypal for the new server. Right now, we're still getting things set up and sorted, so there will be more information on the way. I'll make sure to keep you guys posted on the specifics as we decide on them. All people already signed up for the server will get Regular rank, so make sure to post your username below so we can add you! Thanks for the support!

-Poch
Pochama999

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Real Future (Read Immediately) :: Comments

kev0126

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:15 am  kev0126

Le Sigh and Le YAAAAY

Back to top Go down

Blood_Echo

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:49 am  Blood_Echo

i like this, though i'm sad to see waha and es leave, though i understand. something needed to be done, server is always dead quiet :/

Back to top Go down

wahakalol

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:16 pm  wahakalol

My reasons for leaving have to do with the fact that I've got so much going on right now and in anticipation that I'll be in Kyoto for most of next year with nothing but a crappy laptop

Back to top Go down

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:26 pm  splatform

Damn... it's sad to see such an event happen not only to the original CFW, but now its revival. Glad to see another revival yet again being put up, it just goes to show that you can't get rid of us forever Smile. See you guys on the new server when its up,

-Splat

Back to top Go down

moonwinkle

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:41 pm  moonwinkle

wow im super sad right now... i cant believe this! :'( well deffo sign me and nakts up for the new server!

Back to top Go down

FerociousKitteh

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:37 pm  FerociousKitteh

Aww, I just started playing on CFWR regularly too... Oh well, I'll be joining the new map as well!

Back to top Go down

FerociousKitteh

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:25 pm  FerociousKitteh

The Real Future (Read Immediately) New_mc_server_by_r0botp1rate-d5iu7u5

Back to top Go down

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:26 pm  Pochama999

FerociousKitteh wrote:The Real Future (Read Immediately) New_mc_server_by_r0botp1rate-d5iu7u5
I love this so much. Ill make sure to use this on the new forums in one way or another!

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:52 pm  thunderrabbit

Though it's being shut down, is it possible to get MC 1.4 installed on the server before that point? I upgraded my local version and cannot login to the current 1.3 server.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:54 pm  thunderrabbit

Casual Fun World Revived Revisited

my vote for the new server name

Back to top Go down

wahakalol

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:45 am  wahakalol

thunderrabbit wrote:Though it's being shut down, is it possible to get MC 1.4 installed on the server before that point? I upgraded my local version and cannot login to the current 1.3 server.

Bukkit hasn't updated yet... I suggest finding a backup of 1.3 to join cfwr for its final days

Back to top Go down

dtdirt

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:32 pm  dtdirt

dtdirt for the fun of it!

Back to top Go down

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top Go down