Casual Fun World Revived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» In Memory of a Friend
by Prazision52 Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:48 pm

» CFWR and CFW3
by wahakalol Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:26 pm

» So I just got a PS3 anyone else got one if so whats your PSN name?
by pinkeyes Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:35 pm

» CFW Community Keep in touch.
by pinkeyes Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:17 pm

» Backup woes
by endsgamer Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:13 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Poll

What kind of world setup should the server have come 1.2?

server project? Vote_lcap41%server project? Vote_rcap 41% [ 12 ]
server project? Vote_lcap48%server project? Vote_rcap 48% [ 14 ]
server project? Vote_lcap10%server project? Vote_rcap 10% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 29

Affiliates
free forum

Planet Minecraft BannerPlanet Minecraft Banner
Donate!

server project?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What kind of project should CFWR do?

server project? Vote_lcap47%server project? Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 14 ]
server project? Vote_lcap33%server project? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 10 ]
server project? Vote_lcap17%server project? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]
server project? Vote_lcap3%server project? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 30

server project? Empty server project?

so, i know it would be awesome to have one huge server wide build, and i was thinking maybe we could do some kind of huge castle village thing, maybe with a steampunk or retrofuture style
of course, the whole thing must be in the sky ^.^ maybe with some sort of landing/ takeoff area....*mumbles to self about many plans that are developing*

but yea, server wide project would be sweet and a great place to hang about

Last edited by BraveTitan22 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:26 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited poll enabling multiple choice voting for project.)
fakeyfail
fakeyfail

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

server project? :: Comments

dtdirt

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:09 am  dtdirt

Server Adventure Map... just sayin...

Back to top Go down

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:20 pm  Pochama999

I think that would be an awesome Idea! I'd like to see more stuff done together as a server, like the war. What kind of ideas do you have in mind? I think the idea of a castle is a bit overdone, but that could turn out interesting. Maybe we could work on a wall of players, where each player gets a sign and sticks it up on the wall somewhere with their name, current rank, and something they're remembered by, whether it's something they built, said or did.

Back to top Go down

wahakalol

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:48 pm  wahakalol

This would be a great opprotunity for the mods+ to get together to build a 1.2 spawn town for the next main world

Back to top Go down

BraveTitan22

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:09 pm  BraveTitan22

I think it would be great to just put down some ideas here and then use the new Poll system to see what the community would like haha.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:43 pm  98Jconnell98

I just suggested on the old forum like a week ago, 2 ideas, that im doing regardless of other people helping or not, an olympic park, and a post apocalyptic city (like in the film 2012)

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:05 pm  endsgamer

im not sure if any of you watch anyone on youtube that plays on the mindcrack server, but i really like the way they did their spawn town, maybe each mod+ gets a lot, and everyone makes a super amazing legit house
i think that would be awesome for new players to see as they hop on the server

Back to top Go down

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:50 pm  Esarai

I am down with this server-wide build thing. Even more so with the Adventure Map idea. I love it because there is so much we can do with it. Pretty much any project you can think of can be done in it. And I'd definitely join on with JC's idea for a post-apocalyptic city. I've wanted to do that for a while, but always end up blowing things up instead. Because there are so many things we can do, I think having a poll would be an excellent idea, allowing the server's members to actively participate in these large decisions.

Either way, whatever we choose to do will be TOTALLY AWESOME. And just a thought... we have WG, we could open the Himeji world to such a project, once Himeji is completed.

And what ends said, I totally agree with. Each mod+ building something gives a sense of player agency, and so is more inviting than a gigantic cathedral, no matter how awesome that cathedral may be.

Back to top Go down

wahakalol

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:33 pm  wahakalol

Esarai wrote:...Either way, whatever we choose to do will be TOTALLY AWESOME. And just a thought... we have WG, we could open the Himeji world to such a project, once Himeji is completed...
only issue w/ opening up himeji world is that the ground is at y=5, just sayin

Back to top Go down

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:58 pm  endsgamer

perhaps something of this magnitude : just you know... bigger, a LOT bigger

Back to top Go down

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:08 am  Esarai

So I added a poll to the topic to get people's input on this.

Options so far are Adventure Map, Post-Apocalyptic City, and Steampunk Castle/Village. I also included an 'other' option for people with different ideas.

Back to top Go down

BraveTitan22

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:27 am  BraveTitan22

Edited poll enabling choosing multiple answers for poll.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:42 am  Bugejaa

It would be hard making an adventure map for people without skype. My vote goes towards the post-apocalyptic city.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:40 pm  Esarai

Well... just a thought, a post-apocalyptic city and an adventure map aren't mutually exclusive Very Happy

Back to top Go down

dtdirt

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:02 am  dtdirt

Esarai wrote:Well... just a thought, a post-apocalyptic city and an adventure map aren't mutually exclusive Very Happy

An adventure map with the apocalyptic setting... its totally not overdone... plus once we finish Hoenn... so in about 8 years we can start it

Back to top Go down

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:13 am  Esarai

Lol I agree, fully apocalyptic-themed maps are cliche as hell. I was thinking the city would be a locale available within the adventure world, not that the entire world would be apocalypse-themed. Did I say it poorly? I didn't think my 'apocalyptic city and adventure map are not mutually exclusive' comment would convey that the entire world would be apocalyptic. The main reason I'm in favor of an adventure map is there's room for everything. This probably means we have varying definitions of 'adventure map' and a different sense of scale for the project.

I imagined we would build a world with multiple locations that had their own adventure challenges within, and the players would travel between them in order to give a sense of a grand odyssey.

Back to top Go down

dtdirt

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:37 pm  dtdirt

Esarai wrote:Lol I agree, fully apocalyptic-themed maps are cliche as hell. I was thinking the city would be a locale available within the adventure world, not that the entire world would be apocalypse-themed. Did I say it poorly? I didn't think my 'apocalyptic city and adventure map are not mutually exclusive' comment would convey that the entire world would be apocalyptic. The main reason I'm in favor of an adventure map is there's room for everything. This probably means we have varying definitions of 'adventure map' and a different sense of scale for the project.

I imagined we would build a world with multiple locations that had their own adventure challenges within, and the players would travel between them in order to give a sense of a grand odyssey.

It could be the twist in the ending thats a better idea

Back to top Go down

BraveTitan22

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:45 pm  BraveTitan22

Or just take the Hoenn world and make it the Adventure World. Make a sweet spawn with warps to different adventure settings. ie one warp to Hoenn, one to Apocalypse city and so on. That could be pretty sweet. Much more efficient as well.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:54 pm  Esarai

So in essence, Hoenn becomes 'project world'?

Back to top Go down

BraveTitan22

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:04 pm  BraveTitan22

Esarai wrote:So in essence, Hoenn becomes 'project world'?

Ya pretty much. Like if we have 4 builds in progress why not have them on one world with warps rather then 4 different worlds for them.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:15 pm  Esarai

An interesting idea, but I envisioned each location as one 'stage' of the adventure track, and they should be progressed through.

Back to top Go down

BraveTitan22

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:07 pm  BraveTitan22

That could work as well.

Back to top Go down

wahakalol

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:50 pm  wahakalol

Dont forget that the hoenn world is a FLAT world! if we use it to make any sort adventures, be prepared to do some MASSIVE (and careful) terraforming!

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:10 pm  Esarai

Awww... but reckless terraforming is the best terraforming... Sad

Back to top Go down

wahakalol

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:19 pm  wahakalol

remember folks, if you find a massive mountain coming out the side of your pokecenters, push all blame into es

Back to top Go down

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next