Casual Fun World Revived
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» In Memory of a Friend
by Prazision52 Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:48 pm

» CFWR and CFW3
by wahakalol Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:26 pm

» So I just got a PS3 anyone else got one if so whats your PSN name?
by pinkeyes Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:35 pm

» CFW Community Keep in touch.
by pinkeyes Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:17 pm

» Backup woes
by endsgamer Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:13 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Poll

What kind of world setup should the server have come 1.2?

server project? - Page 2 Vote_lcap41%server project? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 41% [ 12 ]
server project? - Page 2 Vote_lcap48%server project? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 48% [ 14 ]
server project? - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%server project? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 29

Affiliates
free forum

Planet Minecraft BannerPlanet Minecraft Banner
Donate!

server project?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What kind of project should CFWR do?

server project? - Page 2 Vote_lcap47%server project? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 14 ]
server project? - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%server project? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 10 ]
server project? - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%server project? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]
server project? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%server project? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 30

server project? - Page 2 Empty server project?

so, i know it would be awesome to have one huge server wide build, and i was thinking maybe we could do some kind of huge castle village thing, maybe with a steampunk or retrofuture style
of course, the whole thing must be in the sky ^.^ maybe with some sort of landing/ takeoff area....*mumbles to self about many plans that are developing*

but yea, server wide project would be sweet and a great place to hang about

Last edited by BraveTitan22 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:26 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited poll enabling multiple choice voting for project.)
fakeyfail
fakeyfail

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

server project? :: Comments

CenturyDuster

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:31 pm  CenturyDuster

Adventure Map FTW. But will it be something we actually release? Or just for fun? If we release it we will need something other than warps to go from adventure-to-adventure.

Epic smiley face because I can: lol!

Back to top Go down

wahakalol

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:46 pm  wahakalol

server featured adventure?

Back to top Go down

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:33 am  Esarai

Heh yeah, that would definitely increase the site traffic... perhaps get us some more donations so we can upgrade.

Judging by the large plurality in favor of the Adventure Map, I say it's highly likely we're going to be doing that. So, who's got suggestions for locales, challenges, puzzles, or stories to throw into our new world?

I've got a few but I want to wait and see what direction people want to go in before I share them.

Back to top Go down

wahakalol

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:08 pm  wahakalol

I say if its a server hosted map, then we should make full use of features like block detectors and player/group detectors
another thing to consider is that it will need to be some sort of adventure that is either self-resetting, or something that doesnt need to be reset in the first place

Back to top Go down

dtdirt

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:08 pm  dtdirt

What if we do a theme of a "race to the cure" where you have been injected and need to get the cure at the end...
The only problem is you might try to resemble portal subliminally so you should have the voice be the doctor or something, and you start in quarantine

Back to top Go down

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:37 am  Bugejaa

The only problem I see with the map is resetting everything inside of it.

Back to top Go down

wahakalol

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:21 pm  wahakalol

which is why I think we should figure out a way to do an auto-resetting system (I also think we should make it puzzle based....Golden Sun anyone?)

Back to top Go down

CenturyDuster

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:50 pm  CenturyDuster

I REALLY don't think it should be a server based adventure. Although it would be cool to use player detectors and such, TOO MANY PEOPLE WOULD COME ON. CFWR wouldn't be the same with a ton of new players just there to play the map. If we have to, it could be a downloadable map with a mod that adds player detectors. (Automated installer maybe so it makes up for the mod)

Back to top Go down

FerociousKitteh

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:45 am  FerociousKitteh

There are pros and cons of having a downloadable map instead of one on the server, so I am not really sure which one I personally prefer, although I am leaning towards the server based idea.

Pros of a dl map; You can easily stop and save where ever, you can use your own mods to make it more interesting, you can cheat past things if its too hard, etc.

Cons of a dl map; After playing people won't really know about our server or community and may not even check out the server, new players will have a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to install maps, if you're confused there's nobody to help, etc.

Back to top Go down

wahakalol

Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:39 pm  wahakalol

another thing to think about is if its on the actual server, it could easily be turned into a series of dungeon adventures instead of a single map. so basically have people explore the main map and have dungeon "entrances" (prob portals to actual dungeons on a seperate, protected map) in popular locations like a large town or something

Back to top Go down

Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:02 pm  Pochama999

wahakalol wrote:another thing to think about is if its on the actual server, it could easily be turned into a series of dungeon adventures instead of a single map. so basically have people explore the main map and have dungeon "entrances" (prob portals to actual dungeons on a seperate, protected map) in popular locations like a large town or something
ooooo, i like that idea.

Back to top Go down

wahakalol

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:04 pm  wahakalol

another idea would be a riddle type of deal and have hints hidden in certain locations build by the community (ex. big builds)
kinda like a scavenger hunt

Back to top Go down

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2